There is nothing I love more than a delicious, Ooey, Gooey chocolate chip cookie. Not just any chocolate chip cookie but my Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies to be exact. The rich nutty flavor of the browned butter mixed with dark chocolate chunks combined with the softness yet oh so subtle crunch makes this recipe the BEST one I know. Trust me.
The best part about these cookies is that they are super easy to make and can make a big batch and freeze for later use. Perfect for those late night slumber parties with kids or a quick snack on the weekends.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do and be sure and subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a comment below and let me know how you like the recipe.
3/4 cup butter, browned (secret ingredient)
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 granulated sugar
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 package of dark chocolate chunks. About 10-12 oz.
1 cup chopped pecans/walnuts or whatever you want in your cookies.
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a saucepan, brown your butter over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until you start to see the butter foaming. Once you start to see brown bits form at the bottom and smell a nutty scent remove from heat immediately. You don't want to burn your butter.
2) In a large mixing bowl, pour your browned butter and let cool. About 20 min. Stir in shortening and beat until combined. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix. Add baking soda, salt and give another mix. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in half the flour mixture until just combined and then mix in other half. Mix till you just see slight flour marks in the batter.
3) Add in your chocolate chips and pecans or whatever else you'd like
4) Use a cookie scoop and line on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 8-11 minutes and remove from oven. Let sit on baking sheet about 5 min. to cool and transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling. About 10 min.
5) If any of your cookies have survived the transfer to the cooling rack you can enjoy with a nice glass of cold milk.