I don't know about you but I'm in SERIOUS anticipation for Spring this year for some reason. I don't know if it's from the tease of the warm weather that's been hitting Nashville lately at random times or what but I'm ready for that new season.
Since it's not quite Spring yet I am bringing a touch of it into my kitchen today with this delicious blueberry lemon bundt cake with zesty lemon icing. If you're like me and in the mood for a change of season then you will want to make this recipe because the aroma alone from this recipe will have you seeing flowers and hearing birds chirping.
One of the most simple recipes and so delicious, be sure and put this one at the top of your recipe box as I'm sure you'll be wanting to make it over and over again this coming Spring. It also is a great brunch recipe as it makes a beautiful centerpiece and tastes so light and yummy.
Be sure and checkout my latest YouTube video where I show you how to make this delicious recipe and usher Spring into Kitchen Island.
2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2 cup sugar
4 large eggs
3 tablespoons lemon juice - about 2 large lemons
2 tablespoons lemon zest - about 2 large lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
3 cup blueberries - mix with 2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cups lemon juice
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Grease your favorite bundt pan. I use the baking spray with flour in it.
3) Mix together your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
4) Mix your butter and sugar on medium high for about 3 minutes until fluffy
5) Add in your eggs 1 at a time, beating after each one.
6) Continue mixing the eggs with adding the flour mixture in intervals, a little each time until mixed.
7) Add your lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and sour cream. Gently fold into the batter with a spatula or wooden spoon.
8) Gently fold in the flour coated blueberries.
9) Spread the batter evenly into your prepared bundt pan.
10) Bake for 60 minutes and then pull out and insert knife into the center of cake to make sure no crumbs come out. If there is crumbs, cover the top with aluminum foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or so till knife comes out clean.
11) Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 15-20 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack.
1) Beat the powdered sugar, lemon juice, salt and zest together
2) Slowly beat the melted butter into mixture and beat until combined.
3) Put into pipping bag or ziplock bag if you prefer and put in fridge to cool.
4) Decortate your cake however you like and top with extra blueberries and lemon zest for presentation. A little powdered sugar dusting would look pretty as well.
5) Plate a nice slice and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea and close your eyes because Spring is on your plate and in your mouth.