Alfredo Sauce Perfected
Theres 3 things I enjoy most in life: My man, a glass of wine and a delicious dish of chicken fettuccini Alfredo. Yep! if you want to make me a happy man. Give me these 3 things and I'll be a content guy.
When it comes to the Alfredo, it has to be done right and believe me there was a time when I would go to the grocery store and just buy a quick jar of Alfredo sauce and heat it up in a pan and call it day. It was good but it wasn't restaurant quality that I was looking for.
It wasn't until l visited my friends, Pj & Thomas, in Chattanooga a few years ago and they had whipped up a dish that was so decadent and delicious that I couldn't stop eating. I felt like the biggest pig but I didn't care because it was the BEST Alfredo I had ever had.
I've kind of taken a stab at the recipe and made it my own and turned it into what it is today which is the BEST damn chicken fettuccini Alfredo recipe you'll find. Sautéed garlic and mushrooms in butter, heavy cream and cheese. How can you go wrong?
The next time you're craving pasta or wanting to entertain some friends over a meal, whip up this little gem and you'll be golden. After all, secrets in the sauce...or so they say.
- Bon Appetite!
1 Seasoned rotisserie chicken shredded
2-3 Tablespoons of butter
1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
1 8oz. carton of heavy whipping cream. Use an extra 2 oz. for a creamier sauce.
6 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
2-3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
1 6oz. package of shredded parmesan cheese or more depending on taste
1 package of fettuccine noodles
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 French Baguette
1. In a saucepan sauté your butter and garlic and mushrooms together. While this is cooking go ahead and heat 4 quarts of water in a pot on high to get to a rolling boil. Add a nice pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil. After your water comes to a boil add in the pasta of your choice and cook till al dente. About 13-15 min. depending.
2. After your garlic and mushrooms start to brown, add in your heavy cream, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and mix together. Let that cook on a medium low heat for about 4 min.
3. Add in your shredded parmesan cheese into the mixture and mix well letting the cheese get all nice and gooey and delicious.
4. Once your cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened some, go ahead and add in your shredded chicken and mix together. Add in extra cheese if you'd like and mix till combined.
5. Your pasta should be done cooking at this point so go ahead and strain and put back in your pot.
6. It's time to plate so grab some plates and add a nice heaping pile of your pasta and spoon some of your delicious Alfredo sauce on top. Chop up some parsley or your favorite garnish. I used spinach. And some of your favorite toppings. I love sun-dried tomatoes so I chopped some up and added a few as well and then finish it off with a good amount of freshly shaved parmesan on top. Break off a piece of baguette and your ready to eat.
7. Pour a new glass of wine and enjoy!